www.G15-Applets.de Foren-Übersicht www.G15-Applets.de
Das Logitech G15 Applet Forum

Applet-ListeApplet-Liste FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste     ImpressumImpressum   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
  ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 
Schnell mal nach:

The National Health Service

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.G15-Applets.de Foren-Übersicht -> G15-Applets.de - Das Forum
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
cigspriced

BeitragVerfasst am: Di 31.Jul.2018 08:45    Titel: The National Health Service

Well the NHS (National Health Service) has done it again and scored what can only be described as an own goal. I do sometimes wonder whether the powers that be have forgotten what the S stands for in NHS because some at least appear to have lost the idea that they offer a service - they don't do the patients a favour. According to the Daily Mail, nurses in Kent have been piloting the wearing of tabards that say "Do Not Disturb - Drug Round In Progress" (written all in capitals). The rationale for the wearing of the tabards is so that staff are not disturbed when they're giving out medicines Carton Of Cigarettes Price. When I looked at the picture, I wondered whether it was a spoof. I couldn't believe that whoever came up with the original concept could even begin to think it was necessary.

Now it's quite clear that nurses need to concentrate when they're giving out drugs, but I can't say I've ever witnessed lots of patients trying to interrupt the drug round (and I'm speaking from having been a nurse and a frequent patient). Of course some interrupt, but it's not difficult to ask them to consult another nurse or to wait a few minutes Marlboro Cigarette Types. If the nurses are interrupted - then they go back and double check what they were doing before the interruption - that is normal procedure. Why oh why would they need to wear red tabards with the offensive message in capital letters? What type of message do they think this sends out?

The other day I was watching an old Carry On Film "Carry on Nurse" Brands Of Cigarettes, in which the wards go into a frenzy of activity shortly before the Matron appears for her ward round. Nurses and auxiliary staff are banished, stray visitors are shut in rooms and patients are not allowed to speak unless they are spoken to Marlboro Menthol Lights. The film is funny and awful in equal measures but I've heard it's a fairly accurate depiction of how wards were run in the past. With the introduction of these tabards the NHS seems to be returning to the bad old days when patients were expected to be seen and not heard.

And where will it end? They could introduce tabards to give patients other instructions. Why not have ones to say "Do not disturb - Ward Round in Progress" - I'm sure some of the doctors and consultants would be pleased, or "Do not disturb - I'm eating my lunch/supper", or even "Do not disturb - because I'm playing scrabble". This last one would be particularly useful for night staff. And before you think I'm being particularly silly or nasty, the supper and scrabble suggestions are from my experience of spending a month in hospital when I witnessed nurses frequently being tetchy with patients when they disturbed them during those 'tasks' Organic Cigarettes. The verbal communication skills of some of the staff were clearly inadequate.

There are many dedicated professionals who work in the NHS, who do a splendid job, but no one should ever lose sight of the fact that they offer a 'service' and the success of that service in part relies on their ability to communicate effectively with their patients. Using such unattractive ways to display such messages runs the risk of not only damaging relationships between staff and their patients it also damages the reputation of the NHS. All staff need to have effective written, verbal, non-verbal communication skills

Someone should take the decision to banish those red tabards. Unfortunately it seems that they will be seen at a hospital near you very soon as they are to be distributed around the country.
Related articles:
Where To Buy E Cigarettes Online

Top Rated Electronic Cigarettes

Cheap Cigarettes Brands

Marlboro Canabis

E Cigarettes Nicotine
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.G15-Applets.de Foren-Übersicht -> G15-Applets.de - Das Forum Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Ähnliche Beiträge
Thema Autor Forum Antworten Verfasst am
Keine neuen Beiträge 9 Free Audio Converter Software progr... Exeruple G19 Applets 0 Do 22.Feb.2018 14:36 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge 9 Free Audio Converter Software progr... Exeruple G19 Allgemein 0 Do 22.Feb.2018 14:34 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge 9 Free Audio Converter Software progr... Exeruple G15 LCD-Studio Applets 0 Fr 02.Feb.2018 23:25 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge 9 Free Audio Converter Software progr... Exeruple G19 Applets 0 Mo 29.Jan.2018 21:30 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge 9 Free Audio Converter Software progr... Exeruple G19 Allgemein 0 Mo 29.Jan.2018 21:30 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen